Wildwood has designed landscapes for over 40 years. We strive to make it easier for you so that all you have to do is relax and enjoy the beauty of your outdoor landscape. We currently offer both In-Store and At-Home Services.
DO-IT-YOURSELF: Our knowledgeable sales staff is on hand to assist you with your gardening needs.
- Plant selection: from finding the perfect shade tree to designing an annual planter
Product recommendations: soil amendments, fertilizer, and pest control
Helpful how-to advice
Plan ahead to make the most of your visit:
- Bring photos of your site (2 per page works best)
- Take measurements
- Note the direction / duration of sun on the area
We have many helpful information sheets, plant lists and on-line tools available.
At busy times of the year a sales associate may not be available – please consider our “Garden Guide” Service.
GARDEN GUIDE: Make an appointment to meet with an in-store “Garden Guide” designer. We will provide up to 45 minutes of design and assistance.
- Start by completing our easy worksheet to better define your project
- Come prepared to take photos and plenty of notes
- We’ll develop rough sketches and or plant lists
WALK-THROUGH CONSULTATIONtakes up to 1.5 hours and includes:
- An evaluation of your existing landscaping
- Answering your questions and making suggestions
- Taking lots of photos to help us when you come to the garden center (notes and photos kept for a minimum of 2 years from date of consultation)
- Suggesting referrals for planting and hardscape construction
- A follow-up email, if needed, with information not available at the time of the visit
DESIGN CONSULTATION includes everything in the Walk-Through Consultation PLUS:
- Taking measurements of areas to be planted
- Providing up to 3 personalized plant photo palettes
- Providing design sketches (to approximate scale) including trees, shrubs and perennials for up to 200 square feet of planting bed
- Providing an itemized plant list for designed area
Additional or Specialized Design Services can also be arranged.
Fees for In-Store Services
45-minute “Garden Guide” Appointment $30*
*Fee waived if you purchase $30 or more in plant
material at the time of the consultation.
Fees for At-Home Services
Walk-Through Consultation (up to 1.5 hours) $75
Design Consultation (3 to 4 hours) $200
Additional Design Services (billed per hour) $75
May we suggest a few tips in preparing yourself for your design consultation?
• Decide on the area(s) you’d like landscaped, redesigned or improved
• Determine the hours of sunlight or shade the area receives throughout the day. More specifically, for example, if the area is shaded 6 hours of the day, is it deep shade or filtered shade?
• Do you have any problems with deer grazing on your property and eating any of your plant material?
• Do you have a color palette in mind? Colors, sizes and textures vary greatly.
• Are you trying to camouflage or screen an unsightly view?
• Do you have a choice in using evergreens, deciduous trees or shrubs, perennials, annuals, or a combination of all?
• Are you looking for a specific type of landscape?… creating a foundation, using ornamentals, using native plant materials, creating open space or developing a play area…?
• Are there drainage issues that would affect what types of plants can go in a certain area?
• Have you given thought if your project would require significant ground excavation or tree work?
• Are you interested in having any masonry, lighting or irrigation installed?
• Where are the septic system and/or underground utilities?
http://wildwoodri.com/images/uploads/Garden Planning Services - 2015.pdf